12 months unlimited access to all York Museums Trust attractions – York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum.
YMT Card: £22.00 or £20 with direct debit
– with a YorkCard: £11.00 or £10 with direct debit
Access YMT Card***: £10 with direct debit* (£11 with other payment methods)
– with a resident’s York Card: Free†
Child 16 and under: FREE with a paying adult**
Access Day ticket: £4.00**** Includes a 10% ‘Gift Aid’ donation, a visitor not wishing to donate, the admission fee will be £6.81. ** Maximum of 4 children per adult. Additional children will be charged at £4 per child. *** Access tickets: up to 50% discount for visitors aged 17-24 or in receipt of Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income–based Job seeker’s Allowance, Pension Credit or Income Support. Evidence may be required. †Update: As of 24.09.15 the City of York Council has granted 4,000 free YMT Access Cards to eligible York residents. These are available on a first come, first serve basis and are not eligible for Group Bookings. Please ask at admissions for further details.
…for just £20 with direct debit (£22 with other means of payment), you can:
- Enjoy free entry to York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and York Art Gallery.
- Come back for free as many times as you like.
- Beat the queues during busy times with fast track entry.
- Treat yourself with 10% off in our cafes and shops.
- Keep up to date with what’s going on with our e-newsletter.
- Take part or be the first to see new exhibitions with our members’ previews and other special events (charges may apply for some events).
YMT Cards are available to purchase at the admission desk at the Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum. From 1 August they can also be purchased at York Art Gallery.
Pushchairs are welcome and there are baby changing facilities on the Lower Ground Floor.
There are activities for children in all the galleries or you can download trails to use around the museum and gardens here: Star Trail around the Yorkshire Museum Exploring Extinct around the Extinct exhibition on the Ground Floor Capital of the North around the Capital of the North exhibition in the Lower Floor Medieval Gallery Minibeast Trail around the Museum Gardens
Picnics can be eaten in the Museum Gardens outside.
We welcome Guide Dogs, no other animals are allowed entry to the museum.
Photography for personal use is allowed around the museum, but there may be restrictions during special exhibitions, and the use of tripods may be restricted when busy.
Please seek permission in writing from the Museum Manager if you wish to take film/video footage for personal use.
If you would like to request permission to publish images of our collection, use them commercially or enquire about copyright click here.
- Prize-Winning University of Hull Geology Student Map on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
- York Museums Trust Successful in Arts Council England Bid
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- York Museums Trust Phone Lines Repaired
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.