Exhibitions — Index
Yorkshire’s Jurassic World
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in this major exhibition. Find out more.
Medieval York: Capital of the North
Make a visit to ‘Medieval York: Capital of the North’ and explore how York became England’s second city and how its fortunes rose and fell with its ties to the Crown and the Church. Find out more.
After the Ice: Yorkshire’s Prehistoric People
An exciting display showcasing a range of fantastic archaeological material and scientific specimens which tell the story of Yorkshire from its beginnings to the arrival of the Romans. Find out more.
Ritual or Disguise: The Star Carr Headdresses
This new ‘Spotlight’ display features four Mesolithic headdresses discovered at the archaeological site in Star Carr, which have never seen in public before together, along with new research by the team at the University of York. Find out more.
Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire
Discover what life was like before, during and after the Roman invasion of York. Explore fascinating finds including sculptures and carvings, ceramics and tools, through to skeletons and burial items, and even a mosaic floor. Find out more.
William Smith: The Map That Changed The World
Discover a map that literally changed the way the world thought about what was beneath its feet. Measuring 1.8m by 2.6m, William ‘Strata’ Smith’s map went on to inspire scientists to work out a more accurate age of the planet. Find out more.
- Eboracum Roman Festival is BACK!
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- YORKSHIRE MUSEUM RE-OPENS ITS DOORS!
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- Rare Roman bronzes acquired by the Yorkshire Museum