York Museum Gardens
Set in the stunning surroundings of the Medieval ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey, the York Museum Gardens are a great space to meet friends and family and enjoy some peace and tranquility in the heart of the city centre.
The Gardens are free to visit and are open every day apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day with reduced opening on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve – please check our website for details.
There is so much to see and do including a chance to see inside Yorkshire’s oldest working observatory, wander round the gardens and see the vast botanical collection, spot some of the 40 species of bird within the gardens and visit the award winning Yorkshire Museum, which showcases some of Britain’s finest archaeological treasures and many rare animals, birds and fossils, in exciting new displays.
- Jurassic Success! Yorkshire Museum Has Its Most Successful Year Since Formation of York Museum Trust
- New Chair of Trustees Appointed at York Museums Trust
- Take Part in the World’s Biggest Birdwatch!
- Visit York Museums Trust sites for Free This York Residents Festival
- The York Helmet Back On Show At the Yorkshire Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.