York Museum Gardens
Set in the stunning surroundings of the Medieval ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey, the York Museum Gardens are a great space to meet friends and family and enjoy some peace and tranquility in the heart of the city centre.
The Gardens are free to visit and are open every day apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day with reduced opening on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve – please check our website for details.
There is so much to see and do including a chance to see inside Yorkshire’s oldest working observatory, wander round the gardens and see the vast botanical collection, spot some of the 40 species of bird within the gardens and visit the award winning Yorkshire Museum, which showcases some of Britain’s finest archaeological treasures and many rare animals, birds and fossils, in exciting new displays.
- The York Helmet Back On Show At the Yorkshire Museum
- Award Winning Film, Talk and Exhibition on the Refugee Crisis
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- New Display at the Yorkshire Museum Reveals the Hidden Women of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.