York Museum Gardens
Set in the stunning surroundings of the medieval ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey, York Museum Gardens is a great space to meet friends and family and enjoy the peace and tranquility that the gardens have to offer.
The Gardens are open daily and free to all visitors.
There is so much to see and do including a chance to see inside Yorkshire’s oldest working observatory, wander round the gardens and see the vast botanical collection, spot some of the 40 species of bird within the gardens and visit the award winning Yorkshire Museum, which showcases some of Britain’s finest archaeological treasures and many rare animals, birds and fossils, in exciting new displays.
- Christmas at York Museum Gardens 2017 - Experience the magic after dark
- Yorkshire Museum showcases Treasure Finds to mark 20th anniversary of the Treasure Act 1996
- Prize-Winning University of Hull Geology Student Map on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
- York Museums Trust Successful in Arts Council England Bid
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.