Want to find out more about our collections? Our knowledgeable curators regularly give talks that an provide insight into our exhibitions, artefacts and specialist areas of interest.
Lunchtime Talks – 12.30pm to 1pm
Our lunchtime talks are ideal for gaining an insight into some of our most interesting artefacts from our archaeology and natural science collections. Talks take place Tuesdays 12.30-1pm and are FREE with admission. There’s no need to book.
- 10 December – Copper Minerals from the Bronze Age to the Present Day
- 14 January – New Collections: Fulford Ring
- 28 January – Trace Fossils: How to Fossilise a slug
- 11 February – Geology and its Relevance to Archaeology
Please note that we may occasionally have to change the dates or titles of talks – please call 01904 687687 or email email@example.com before your visit for the latest information.
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
- York’s First Photographs
- 800 YEAR OLD INTERNATIONALLY SIGNIFICANT FIND RETURNS TO YORK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO CENTURIES
- 800 year old internationally significant find returns to York for the first time in two centuries
- Low Sensory Experiences
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.