Want to find out more about our collections? Our knowledgeable curators regularly give talks that an provide insight into our exhibitions, aretfacts, and specialist areas of interest.
Lunchtime Talks – 12.30pm to 1pm
Our lunchtime talks are ideal for gaining an insight into some of our most interesting artefacts from our archaeology and natural science collections. Talks take place Tuesdays 12.30-1pm and are FREE with admission. There’s no need to book.
- 8 May – What’s eating our collection?
- 22 May – Yorkshire’s Jurassic World – Discovery
- 5 June – A Dinosaur called Alan – Virtually
- 12 June – The Archaeology of Magic: Charms and Amulets
- 26 June – Yorkshire’s Jurassic World – Coral Seas
- 10 July – Yorkshire’s Jurassic World – Deep Oceans
- 24 July – Coins of York’s African Emperor
- 7 August – St Mary’s Abbey
- 21 August – Yorkshire’s Jurassic World – Dinosaur Country
- 4 September – Oldest coins from Yorkshire
- 18 September – Uncleby Cemetery
Please note that we may occasionally have to change the dates or titles of talks – please call 01904 687687 or email email@example.com before your visit for the latest information.
- Award Winning Film, Talk and Exhibition on the Refugee Crisis
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- New Display at the Yorkshire Museum Reveals the Hidden Women of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
- Prehistoric Reptile Pregnant with Octuplets on Display in Yorkshire Museum's New Jurassic Exhibition
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.