Please note all upcoming talks are cancelled due to coronavirus. Find out more here.
Want to find out more about our collections? Our knowledgeable curators regularly give talks that an provide insight into our exhibitions, artefacts and specialist areas of interest.
Lunchtime Talks – 12.30pm to 1pm
Our lunchtime talks are ideal for gaining an insight into some of our most interesting artefacts from our archaeology and natural science collections. Talks take place Tuesdays 12.30-1pm and are FREE with admission. There’s no need to book.
- 10 March – Roman Women
- 24 March – New Collections: Roman finds from Healam Bridge
- 21 April – Graptolites: Written in the Rocks
- 5 May – Catterick Gallus
- 12 May – The Bielsbeck Fauna, a re-interpretation of the Ipswichian interglacial site
- 9 June – St Mary’s Abbey Figure of Christ: a new treasure in the Yorkshire Museum’s collection
- 23 June – Coin Moulds from Lingwell Gate, Wakefield
- 30 June – The Yorkshire Museum’s Moa: a huge bird a long way from home
Please note that we may occasionally have to change the dates or titles of talks – please call 01904 687687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit for the latest information.
- York Museums Trust win national award for #CuratorBattle
- Trustee of York Museums Trust included in the Woman’s Hour Power List 2020: Our Planet
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- A statement addressing new national restrictions
- Re-opening statement - York Art Gallery and York Castle Museum