Want to find out more about our collections? Our knowledgeable curators regularly give talks that an provide insight into our exhibitions, artefacts and specialist areas of interest.
Lunchtime Talks – 12.30pm to 1pm
Our lunchtime talks are ideal for gaining an insight into some of our most interesting artefacts from our archaeology and natural science collections. Talks take place Tuesdays 12.30-1pm and are FREE with admission. There’s no need to book.
- 23 October 2018: Mystery Solved – A Gold Plaque from Roman York
- 13 November 2018: Thin Sections – The Unseen Side of Rocks and What They Can Tell You
- 27 November 2018: The Overton Severan Coin Hoard
- 11 December 2018: Five Gold Rings – Treasures of the Medieval Collection
- 8 January 2019: The Netted Carpet Moth – The Curious Case of a Moth Used as a Commodity
- 22 January 2019: Coins and Conversion
- 5 February 2019: Volcanoes – An Explosive Tale
- 19 February 2019: Moving the Vikings – Tales from a Touring Exhibition
- 5 March 2019: Money and Constantine the Great
- 19 March 2019: Yorkshire Lias
Please note that we may occasionally have to change the dates or titles of talks – please call 01904 687687 or email email@example.com before your visit for the latest information.
- The York Helmet Back On Show At the Yorkshire Museum
- Award Winning Film, Talk and Exhibition on the Refugee Crisis
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- New Display at the Yorkshire Museum Reveals the Hidden Women of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.