York Museum Gardens
Set in the stunning surroundings of the medieval ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey, York Museum Gardens is a great space to meet friends and family and enjoy the peace and tranquility that the gardens have to offer.
The Gardens are open daily and free to all visitors.
There is so much to see and do including a chance to see inside Yorkshire’s oldest working observatory, wander round the gardens and see the vast botanical collection, spot some of the 40 species of bird within the gardens and visit the award winning Yorkshire Museum, which showcases some of Britain’s finest archaeological treasures and many rare animals, birds and fossils, in exciting new displays.
- York Museums Trust Receive Grant from the DCMS/Wolfson Museums and Galleries Improvement Fund
- Star Carr Headdress Celebrated as Part of Royal Mail 'Ancient Britain' Special Stamps
- York Museums Trust Appoint Fundraising Manager
- York Proms Launched for 2017 to be Set in the York Museum Gardens
- Yorkshire Museum Lift Repaired 27 November 2016
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.